Ever wanted to book an appointment with a personal shopper or stylist but were put off by the fee or minimum spend? Welcome to the new era of personal shopping…
Stylist Pick creates a showroom of accessories that are tailor-made to your exact style, meaning you spend less time trying to find something you like, and more time trying to choose from too many beautiful things!
So here’s how it works:
- First you take a quick style quiz to establish your likes and dislikes. You are asked who your style crush is, what shoes you prefer, your favourite designer etc. from a choice of three options each time.
- From the results of the quiz, you are then allocated your own ‘bespoke showroom’ of shoes, jewellery and bags within 24 hours via email.
- You are then sent a new showroom each month with items that are within the specifications of your style profile and most importantly, exactly to your style taste. You are free to buy everything in your showroom or just your favourite item.
What does it cost:
All items in your showroom are £39.95, including delivery and the time taken to choose your products for you.
So here’s the tricky bit…..you have to keep on top of your account with Stylist Pick or you will be charged for the service, whether you buy something or not.
On the 1st of each month you are emailed a new showroom with a personalised accessory section based on your style profile. If you decide you don’t want to buy anything to have to choose to ‘Skip A Month’ in order to not be charged £39.95. If you are charged, this becomes a Stylist Pick credit that can be exchanged for an item in any future month.
What’s right with it?
- You get help from a stylist for free!
- You will spend less time trawling pages and categories for items that you like
- Free delivery and returns
- You can cancel your membership*
What’s wrong with it?
- You have to keep on top of your monthly showrooms to not incur a charge
- You cannot receive your money back for returns, only credit
- This requires commitment!
- *Although you can cancel your membership at any timeyou have to call their Fashion Consultants, it cannot be done via the internet (it is however an 0800 number)
So is it for you?
In a nut shell, this service is not for you if you are forgetful or don’t check your emails regularly. The incurring of costs mean your money is tied up on the website and you may end up buying something just to feel like you haven’t been scammed.
However you if are organised and understand how to get the best out of Stylist Pick, you could be shopping in a quicker, more pleasurable and certainly more bespoke way.
Hopefully this has helped you to decide whether to use Stylist Pick but why not see for yourself at www.stylistpick.com.
I would love to know your thoughts on Twitter or via email email@example.com